Working Group 12
(Continuing Education and Professional Development) of the European Association of Earthquake Engineering
Rita Bento (Coordinator), Christoph Butenweg, Dietlinde Köber, Gabriele Milani, Jean François Semblat, Luca Pelà, Ricardo Monteiro
European Association of Earthquake Engineering (EAEE)
with the support of the Eurocode 8 Subcommittee (SC8) Chairman (Philippe Bisch) and the leaders of the SC8 project teams
EAEE WG12 is the working group of the European Association of Earthquake Engineering for Continuing Education and Professional Development.
The main aim of the working group is to relaunch EAEE Regional Seminars on a regular basis and to promote open webinars, workshops and other activities for Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
These activities are mainly organised to update young researchers, designers and scientists about the new advances in the field of earthquake engineering.
WEBINARS ON THE UPCOMING SECOND-GENERATION EC8
There will be six webinars, organized by the European Association of Earthquake Engineering (EAEE), to introduce and illustrate the main features of the second generation of all parts of Eurocode 8, including the changes and adopted innovations. Starting late March 2022, these webinars will be held by the different Eurocode 8 Project Teams, who coordinated the development of these new versions over the past few years, and by representatives of EAEE, as follows:
- Webinar 1-1: General rules and seismic action (Pierre Labbé, PT1 Leader of SC8; Atilla Ansal)
- Webinar 1-2: Rules for New Buildings (Andre Plumier, PT2 Leader of SC8; Radu Văcăreanu, President of EAEE)
- Webinar 2: Bridges (Paolo Franchin, PT6 Leader of SC8; Andreas Kappos, Coordinator of WG11 of EAEE)
- Webinar 3: Assessment and retrofitting of buildings and bridges (Andreas Kappos, PT3 Leader of SC8; Rita Bento, Coordinator of WG12 of EAEE)
- Webinar 4: Silos, tanks, pipelines, towers masts and chimneys (Christoph Butenweg, PT4 Leader of SC8; Fabrizio Paolacci, Coordinator of WG13 of EAEE)
- Webinar 5: Geotechnics (Alain Pecker, PT5 Leader of SC8; Kyriazis Pitilakis, Vice-President of EAEE)
DETAILS FOR AUDIENCE
The webinars are designed for Civil/Structural/Geotechnical/Risk Engineers engaged in design and construction sector, preferably with 3-5 years work experience, as well as for researchers with knowledge and interests in Earthquake Engineering.
As participation per webinar will be restricted to a limited number of attendees, priority will be given to EAEE individual members and those nominated by the National Associations of Earthquake Engineering (up to two participants). However, all interested people can submit their registration and will be contacted in due time to inform about their acceptance.
Format of the Webinars
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the webinars on the second generation of Eurocode 8 will be online, using the Zoom platform.
Registration of the participants will be done online through a registration form. There will be no registration fees for the webinar series.
The presentations of the speakers will be available to all registered people, and will be also uploaded to the EAEE website.
All presentations and lectures will be in English; no translation will be provided (please refer to the Zoom platform automatic translation features).